A security incident is any unauthorized activity that breaches or compromises your web site, data, information, or computers. As defined by NIST Special Publication 800-61, "a computer security incident is a violation or imminent threat of violation of computer security policies, acceptable use policies, or standard security practices".
This includes (but is not limited to):
1. Unauthorized web site alteration/defacement
2. Denial of Service attacks
3. Unauthorized access to/modification of data
4. DNS Hijacking
5. Social engineering (phishing, scams, etc.)
6. Computer viruses/Trojans/malware
7. Identity theft
8. Release of personal or confidential information without your consent
FTC Complaint Assistant - Report phone scams, identity theft, personal information disclosure, etc.
Local Police Department - For life threatening emergencies, dial 911. For suspicious activity, call your local police department.
Businesses and local governments click here for more information pertinent to reporting security incidents.
Information about reporting incidents for State of Ohio computers, click here.